Walking and Hiking holidays in Village communities of Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary
Experience the earthy and hidden life of Himalayan
villages. Wooded hills and secret valleys, fine hiking, ancient footpaths and
sweeping views of the majestic Himalayan peaks. Picturesque hillside villages
nestled amid pine trees and terraced fields, wonderful wildlife and fine,
natural hospitality. Witness wonderful diversity of produce; from coriander,
buck wheat and rice, to cocoa yams, sweet lemons and pomegranates. On this
special vacation, you stay in the villages surrounding the beautiful Binsar
· There are guesthouse stays in six villages surrounding the Binsar Sanctuary. Each is unique with its view; while one may be atop a peak, the other might be amidst lush greenery.
· Your own guide brings everything to life, and helps you spot the birds and animals that make their home in this wildlife sanctuary - deer, boar, porcupine, eagles, woodpeckers, maybe even a glimpse of an elusive leopard.
· The walking is flexible, and open to everyone, along ancient village paths that are quite magical. Whether you want gentle walking with cultural visits or tougher routes with wildlife-watching, your guide will ensure your experience is truly memorable.
· On the days you spend in the villages, you have the opportunity to join in and learn about the local customs and the work of the communities.
· At the villages you may wish to watch or help harvest the fruit, tend the buffalo or work in the fields. There is a wonderful diversity of produce; from coriander, buck wheat and rice, to cocoa yams, sweet lemons and pomegranates. Enjoy helping to prepare traditional dishes using the day's harvest. After dinner you can join in the village games of gooli-dandia or cricket.
· Above all, you discover the wonderful village communities of Binsar, staying in comfortable guesthouses and enjoying natural hospitality.