This 4 day river expedition is a teaser to the major river expeditions in the rivers of Brahmaputra, Zanskar, etc. During this tour you also learn several techniques of rafting.
This tour is about experiencing a river and the freshness that it can add to your life. River is kind of life itself. It looks like people sometimes. They are all smooth on top, there are no rough edges. But, the river has lot of things going underneath. There are whirlpools, rocks that can’t be seen.
The river brings everyone down here and people wearing different hats in their lives become one family. And that family works together, we help each other, we strengthen each other, we laugh at each other and as you sometimes jump out into the rivers to break yourself loose, you reach out a hand to someone and they take your hand.
• Ganga provides a perfect introduction to the white-river rafting and an ideal weekend getaway for breathing out a fresh life.
• River Ganga is a hub of Fresh River rafting and is an ideal choice for first-timers, non-swimmers and families.
• It combines an action packed trip with the best rapids, float sections and wilderness.
• We encourage participants to raft all sections of the river, knowing fully that the big rapids (which you may well want to walk around) only add to the trip; often becoming a fond memory, years after the trip is over. We outfit you completely, even on colder rivers, with wetsuits, booties, and gloves being standard equipment.
• Our staff is trained in hygienic preparation of meals and offers a great variety of food on an outdoor trip. We use Katadyn filters on our outdoor trips to provide safe, drinking water.
The adventure elements remains full-on during the journey but it offers you enough time to chill, relax and enjoy the bonfire.
Day 1: Starting the journey from Rishikesh, reach Camp (Kaudiyala) by evening. Have dinner and rest.
Day 2: Safety briefing; raft from Alaknanda’s last canyon stretch & cross multiple rapids
After breakfast we drive 55km from Camp (Kaudiyala) to Bhagwan in the morning. After a comprehensive safety briefing & packing the bags on the raft, the rafting begins. We start the trip on the Alaknanda as it enters the last canyon stretch with good white-water, with names of rapids such as ‘Bhagwan’s Pillow’, ‘The Deadly Duos’ and more, until we reach Devprayag. Overnight Camp at Devprayag
Day 3: Small Rapids; Relaxation and Body-Surfing
An easy day with small rapids. Great day to relax, soak in the sun, bodysurf and bird-watch. Raft time is approximately 35 kms to Kaudiyala. Overnight at our camp.
Day 4: A day of Adrenaline Pumping Rapids
Raft down adrenaline pumping rapids like ‘Daniel’s Dip’, ‘The Wall’, ‘Three Blind Mice’, ‘Crossfire’, ‘Bodysurfing’, ‘Return to Sender’, ‘Roller Coaster’, ‘Golf Course’, and lots of smaller ones too. We end the trip just before the famous Laxman Jhula in Rishikesh. Have lunch at the beach and depart.
- All Meals on Day 2 and Day 3; Breakfast & Lunch on Day 4
- Dinner on Day 1
- Tented Accommodations on Day 1-3
- Rafting Kit
- Rafting Experts