As they say, “Life is just around that corner”. Experience life just 200kms off the hustling-bustling city of Mumbai. Enjoy traditional Maharashtrian cuisine at village homes, catch crabs, sow or harvest rice depending on the time of the year
Approximately 200km from both Mumbai and Pune and en route to Nasik, earthen Purushwadi is located between two rives. Millions of colourful fireflies adorn the trees and fields from end May to the beginning of July; locals now celebrate the firefly festival.
If you feel like getting away and blending into nature – surrounded by simple, beautiful people…where phones don’t work and wi-fi is just not an option? This one’s for you!
Embrace yourself for childlike awe and simplicity!
Purushwadi is located in Akole block of District Ahmednagar. It is 1000m above sea level in the Western Ghats and lies between two rivers. The local communities are predominantly tribal. Cultivation and animal husbandry is their primary form of livelihood.
3Days/2Night: Experience Purushwadi
Year Round Activities:
• Sunrise / Sunset Trek
• Riverside Fun
• Rice Pounding
• Climbing Trees
• Chopping Wood
• De-Husking Rice
• Cooking with Local Women on Firewood in Traditional Kitchens
• Spice Grinding
• Sight-seeing to nearby Places
• Learn to plough the fields [May / December]
• Sow Rice [June]
• Weeding [July]
• Transplanting Rice [July / August]
• Harvest Season [October / Jan / February]
- Common western bathrooms
- Neat and clean standard mattresses, pillows, bed-sheets and blankets
- Filtered drinking water
- Village Activities
- Home cooked Vegetarian meals twice a day. Vegetables are organic and grown on local farms
- Tented Accommodation
- Packaged water