Capture Milky Way, star trails & learn time-lapse shooting techniques & use of Intervalometer.
From a vantage point on Mount Penanjakan capture Mt. Bromo, a marvel for wide-field and time lapse astro-photography. Capture the incredible scene of Mt Bromo in the foreground with Mt Semeru smoking in the distance and the sun shining bright & rising in the sky.
Mt. Semeru is one of the only two volcanoes in the world that emit blue flame. The Crater Lake is amazing with its turquoise color water; witness traditional loading of Sulphur by bamboo baskets - man load 60 to 90 kg of Sulphur on their back. Ijen plateau or known as "Kawah Ijen" is a quiet but active volcano, and the landscape is dominated by the volcanic cones of Ijen.
Join us for an astro-photography expedition; get hands on before embarking to the shooting location with customized astro-photography workshop.
Key Highlights - Enthralling Landscapes, Sunrise to Sunset, Seascapes, Long Exposure Photography, Streets, Portraits, Culture & Heritage, Action (Horse Racing at Mount Bromo), Conceptual Landscapes (Themed with Human Subjects), Volcano Crater View.
Customized astro-photography workshop with astro-photography expert
Get hands on before embarking to the shooting location with astro-photographer, Vinay Swaroop Balla, that cover shooting techniques to capture Milky way, Star Trails & Time-lapse shooting techniques & use of Intervalometer/Timer Remote Controller.
Magnificent Mount Bromo
The name of Bromo is derived from Javanese pronunciation of Brahma, the Hindu creator god. Located some 4 hours’ drive from Surabaya, the capital of East Java, Mount Bromo is a part of the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park that covers a massive area of 800 sq kms.
From a vantage point on Mount Penanjakan (2,770 meters above sea level), 2.5 hours from Malang, visitors from around the world come to see the sunrise over Mt Bromo.
The temperature at Mt Bromo ranges from 3 to 20 degrees Celsius but the temperature may be several degrees below zero during the dry season. You should bring a jacket, gloves and a head cover or cap. After the sun rises, the weather becomes hot pretty fast.
Blue Flames of Ijen
The magnificent turquoise sulphur lake of Kawah Ijen lies at 2148 mtrs above sea level and is surrounded by the volcanoes sheer crater walls.
The vent is a source of sulphur and collectors work here, making the trek up to the crater and down to the lake every day. Sulphur collectors hike up in the morning and return around 1 pm when the clouds roll in. They carry shoulder baskets of pure sulphur from a quarry on the lakes edge under the shadow of the sheer walls of the crater.
• An absolute must is a handkerchief/mask to cover your mouth and nose to avoid inhalation of the sulphur gases.
One of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. Bali for few years awarded as the world’s best island by the International Travel Magazine. There are still many people who do not in depth about the uniqueness of Bali Culture.
Bali has a tropical monsoon climate with pleasant day temp with 20-33 degrees Celsius.
Pre Tour Analysis:
Each registered participant will be requested to submit their star trail / milky way related images. Our panel will analyze each image to see how to guide each individual during the tour to help them enhance their skills.
During the Tour:
Post "Pre Tour Analysis" we will provide individualized attention to all and ensure they work on their weaknesses and enhance their skills. Evening Gup Shup sessions will be learning oriented and practical tips will be provided based on the mistakes committed by participants during the day.
We shall also have atleast one evening session dedicated to post processing workflow to help them become a complete photographer.
After the tour:
Each participant will be required to submit 3 of their best images from the tour. Each image will be analyzed and constructive feedback will be provided.
DAY 01 (May 5): Fly in to Indonesia and drive to Mount Bromo from Airport via AC coach.
Check into hotel. Pre-shoot briefing post dinner in hotel. Pre shoot briefing would include elaborate tips on milky-way shooting and safety guidelines.
Day 02 (May 6): Milky Way Shoot
3.00 am : Assemble at hotel terrace.
3.30 am : Reach Penanjakan view point 1 for Sunrise
4.00 am : Refreshment & morning Tea/Coffee at the view point
4.15 am : Sunrise over Mount Bromo and Mount Semeru.
7.30 am : Back to Hotel for Breakfast & Rest
11.30 am : Lunch (Meet up at Restaurant)
1.00 pm : Proceed to Savannah for Landscape and portraits
5.00 pm : Proceed to Mentigen for Sunset.
7.30 pm : Back to Hotel for Dinner.
10.30 pm : Viewpoint 2 for Over Night Shoot (Milkyway Time Lapse, Star Trails, Conceptual Astro Landscapes)
DAY 03 (May 7): Check out and reach Ijen Plateau
7.30 am : Back to Hotel for Breakfast & Rest.
12.30 pm : Meet at Hotel for Lunch
2.00 pm : Proceed to Sea of Sand for Action Photography (Horse racing in Sea of Sand)
6.00 pm : Proceed to Hotel for Dinner
8.30 pm : Proceed to Viewpoint 3 for Overnight Shoot. Get Ready for Surprises
DAY 04 (May 8): Check Out and Proceed to Bali
6.00 am : Back to Hotel for Breakfast & Rest
9.30 pm : Check out & Proceed to Surabaya Airport – Flight to Bali
4.00 pm : Reach Bali & Check in Hotel
7.00 pm : Dinner at Hotel.
DAY 05 (May 9): Day in Bali
4.00 am : Assemble at Hotel Lobby.
5.00 am : Sunrise shoot at Ulun Danu Temple, Bedugul Lake Beratan Waterfall, Twin Lake View,
11.00 am : Candi Kuning Fruit Market (Street Photography)
1.30pm : Lunch
2.30 pm : Visit to Jatiluwih Rice Fields (Terrace Farming)
4.00 pm : Proceed to Tanah Lot Temple for Sunset (Beach Sunset & Long Exposure Photography)
7.30 am : Back to Hotel for Dinner & Rest.
DAY 06 (May 10): Day Exploring Bali
4.30 am : Sunrise at Lovina Beach (Dolphins)
9.00 am : Visit Tegenungan Waterfalls
1.00 pm : Lunch
2.00 pm : Proceed to Nusa Penida for Sunset
7.30 pm : Back to Hotel for Dinner & Rest
DAY 07 (May 11): Check Out and fly out
7.00 am : Assemble at Hotel Lobby & Breakfast
8.00 am : Check out & Clearance
8.30 am : Proceed to Bali International Airport.
2.30 pm : Reach Singapore Changi Airport
8.40 pm or later: Flight Back to India
- 4 Wheel Drive Vehicles for traveling to Bromo Crater & Sea of Sand
- Entrance Fees to all visitor places
- Tour Guide Fees
- All internal travel (Land / Water)
- Meal Plan-Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Air-con 12 Seater Luxury Mini Bus Transportation (Land)
- Accommodation on twin/ double sharing Basis as per the Itinerary
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Medical & Travel insurance
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices included”.
- Model Fees (for model themed shoots - will be organised on spot depending on availability and time)
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
- Tips for Guide/Driver - SGD 2/pax per day = total SGD 14/pax for the trip
- Camera Fees for DSLR’s at Mount Bromo (Have to buy tickets based on number of DSLR’s we carry and to buy on spot costs approx 50,000 IDR / 4 USD per pax / day)
- Horse Ride to Bromo Crater (will be advised to participants nearer to the trip. Est USD $10 per horse ride)
- VISA Fees (Singapore VISA required and apply prior to journey date, NO on Arrival VISA issued. But for Indonesia is On Arrival for Indian Passports and Visa fee is approx 50 USD)
- Airport tax. Please reserve IDR 400,000 (30 USD) for airport tax to pay while return in Bali Airport
- All Airfare (India – Singapore Round Trip) and (Singapore – Bromo & Bromo – Bali) and (Bali – Singapore)